Setting Up Outlook 2013 Using POP
Adding a new account
- Select the File menu and choose Info
- Click the Add Account button.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types
- Click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP.
- Click Next.
- User Information
- In the Your Name box, enter the name you want users to see when you send email from this account.
- In the Email Address box, enter your email address.
- Server Information
- Under Account Type, select POP3
- In the Incoming mail server box, enter mail.example.com
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box enter mail.example.com
- Logon Information
- In the User Name box, enter your email address.
- In the Password box, enter your password. If you want Outlook to remember your password, make sure the check box next to Remember password is selected.:
|You would not enter example.com but your own domain name.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox.
- Make sure that it is Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Incoming server (POP): 110
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- If you want to keep a copy of your messages on the server, under Delivery, click Leave a copy of messages on the server. If you don't select this option, all messages will be removed from the server and stored locally on your computer.
- Click the OK button.
Completing the Setup
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window.
- Click the Finish button.