Create a site in SharePoint Online
Create a site
- Select + Create site on the SharePoint start page.
- Select whether you'd like to create a Team site or a Communication site.
- Enter the title (and a description, if you want) for the site.
- You can select Edit and then edit the group email name, if you want.
- Select whether the group will be public or private.
- Choose a sensitivity level for your site information.
- Select a default language for your site and then click Next.
- In the next pane, enter the owners and members.
- Click on Finish.
Notes: A modern SharePoint Online site is provisioned and ready for use in seconds. If you selected a team site, an Office 365 Group is also created.
Add a document library or list
- Open the site that you want to add the list or library to.
- Select New.
- Select List or Document library.
- In the Create pane:
- Type a name for the list or library (and a description, if you want).
- Select Create.
- Open the site that you want to add a page to.
- Select New.
- Select Page.
- Type the name of your page.
- You can publish your page now, or use web parts to add text, images, and other content.
- Select Publish when you're ready.
Add web part
- In your news post or page, select the plus sign .
- Select the web part you want to use: Text, Image, File viewer, Link, …
- When you have added all the web parts that you want, select Publish.